- LocationMakati City, Philippines
- Job typeContract
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our business to play a key role in our BI and Digital strategy;
developing, maintaining, and enhancing an effective BI solution.
Working closely with key business partners and other team members, the successful candidate will help to:
Enhance and maintain our BI Solutions and data warehouse using tools such as using PowerBI and
Azure SQL Server
- Work with and Support our business partners to ensure that BI Reporting Solutions meet the businessrequirements and proper BI reports meet business expectations.
- Work as part of a team to enhance our extraction, transformation, and load processes across our different platforms.
- Work with our QA team, write and maintain testing scripts for our BI solutions.
- Develop advanced data visualization for different business units across the enterprise.
- Owning and completing project tasks as part of the digital transformation of Genus within timescales. Including delivering planning and stakeholder management activities. Including requirements definition, SQL coding using SPs and possible update for Power BI datasets.
- Undertake/support the monitoring of BAU processes as directed, including undertaking root cause analysis, advising remediation options and if required delivering a solution including delivering any early lifecycle support as needed.
- Supporting operational and BAU change requests and issues, completing change request tasks as assigned, through to completion of Early life support.
- Working closely with the different stakeholders, recommend, plan and implement database and data warehouse enhancements and release upgrades, ensuring the development is in line with business objectives and standards.
- Work closely with data architects, data modeller, and software developers to ensure data lineage is properly designed for BI solutions.
- Working with developers, architects, analysts, and product owners to ensure the testing script is understood and that the acceptance tests track the desired functionality
- Identify, report, and fix material bugs and deficiencies in the tools used, utilising internal and external resources.
- Map and document our BI processes and environment.
- Develop, maintain, and document our BI development standards.
- Architect BI solutions for new and existing BI reporting solutions for different business units.
- Upskilling Genus resource where required.
Qualities and Skills:
Proven experience development and architectural design of a MS SQL Server based BI environment.
This includes, but is not limited to, the design and development of Data Warehouse based on
- Proven experience using MS SQL in Azure to access, query, and manipulate data, and proven experience using MS SSIS to develop, implement, and maintain ETL processes
- Ideally experience with utilising PowerBI to provide data and create visualisations, if not then ideally demonstrate experience with a similar different visualisation tool.
- Proven experience in gathering low level requirements.
- Working knowledge of a system development methodology and project management.
- Relevant Certifications and prove of continuous professional development.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point is essential
- A self-motivated team player
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Ability to work in and manage multiple projects and meet established deadlines.
- Proven business analytical skills
- Excellent oral and writing skills with ability to communicate in an organised and concise manner