Business Intelligence Operations Team Lead
- LocationMakati City, Philippines
- Job typeContract
Working closely with key business partners and other team members, the successful candidate will help to:
- Own and lead others in the BI Operations team to take responsibility for the successful execution and delivery of Business intelligence (BI) processes and outputs within various systems to agreed SLA.
- Identify and deliver high-quality improvements to enable proactive and/or automated monitoring, alerting, and initial triage of issues that occur in the delivery and execution of BI processes.
- Where required take ownership for ensuring manually run BI processes are completed to SLA, ensuring appropriate checks are undertaken to ensure ‘fit for purpose’ outputs, ensuring that quality gates throughout the process are rigorously observed.
- Monitor the BI support queue and undertake prompt initial triage of support tickets, then either owning through to resolution or allocate to other areas of the team for further action. Ensuring that SLA’s are met, meaningful communication regarding status is given to stakeholders including attaining appropriate sign-off before closure.
- Own the maintenance and logical central storage of all documentation relating to production BI processes, ensuring core documentation is relevant for current processes and collateral regarding identification and resolution of frequent issues is matured
- Be responsible for admin and support the day to day tasks required on BI applications, such as Cognos Controller, IBM Planning Analytics and Power BI, as directed by system owners. Support the initial triage and escalation of any issues within these systems.
- Ensure internal BI Operations processes exist and are documented, take responsibility for identifying and implementing improvements in a timely manner. Such as; improving document and communications templates, establish and document escalation routes and establishing KPI’s against which performance can be measured.
- Undertake/support the monitoring of BAU processes across required systems, including undertaking root cause analysis, advising remediation options and if required delivering or facilitating the delivery of a solution.
- Undertake reviews of solutions prior to release to ensure that process documentation is updated, create or validate process documentation for manual processes and ensure that provision has been made for ‘on-boarding’ in delivery timescales. Ensuring expectations for support are documented and disseminated to the wider team.
- Working closely with the different BI system owners support the planning and implement of upgrades to various systems, ensuring the development is in line with business objectives and standards.
- Maintain a central list of all BI processes, including key metadata, and ensure this is updated by other team members so it remains representative of current state.
- Collect and disseminate to key stakeholders in the group, key metrics for support, such as processes delivered on time. This will include commentary for the relevant steering groups regarding the performance of the BI service.
- Work closely with Global head of BI and other leaders within the BI team to administer our ticketing and workflow systems, ensuring all current tickets/work items are in a representative status and have appropriate and current narrative (comments) to reflect work completed and next steps.
- Map and document our BI ecosystem and environment
- Oversee and develop, maintain, and document our standards for supporting processes to ensure they are robust.
Qualities and Skills:
- Proven leadership experience, a major influencer and who easily motivates individuals to do what is needed and strive for continuous improvement.
- Proven experience using MS SQL to access, query, and monitor processes, including ability to be able to understand SQL errors, audit and other system captured data.
- Proven understanding of architectural design of a MS SQL Server based BI environment. This includes, but is not limited to, the design and implementation principles of Data Warehouse based on dimensional modelling.
- Ideally knowledge of using MS SSIS, Azure Analysis services, data factory to enable effective triage in order to maintain ETL processes
- Ideally an understanding of how to utilise PowerBI to provide data and create visualisations, if not then ideally demonstrate experience with a similar different visualisation tool.
- Knowledge of Cherwell and VSTS / Azure DevOps would be desired.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point is essential.
- High Customer Focus
- A highly organized, self-motivated team player.
- Excellent oral and writing skills with ability to communicate in an organised and concise manner, ensuring that messages to stakeholders are suited to audience.
- Thirst for learning and desire to upskill and learn from peers in other areas